The Museum was originally dedicated In 1905 as the
Antigo Public Library through a $15,000 grant from the
Carnegie Foundation. It began a chapter as a museum
when the library was moved to a new updated quarters in
1997. The outstanding facility houses artifacts from the
logging and Indian era, as well as, handmade and early
agricultural woodworking and lumbering implements.
It also contains one of the finest archives in the north
woods complete with old scenes and pictures of the early
days of Langlade County and the City of Antigo.
The Museum and Deleglise Cabin are maintained for
the public's enrichment though the efforts of the Langlade
County Historical Society a non-profit organization.

Take Our Virtual Tour


 


[Home] [Tours] [Features] [Archives] [History] [Shop] [Membership] [Links] [Contact Us]

The Langlade County Historical Society is entirely self-supporting
and is an Affiliate of the Wisconsin State Historical Society.

We depend upon financial gifts from friends like you to sustain this important Cultural institution.

New Members are always welcome. For more information Click Here

Langlade County Historical Society Museum
P O Box 219, 404 Superior St
Antigo, WI 54409
715-627-4464

langladehistory.com

Copyright © 2004 Langlade County Historical Society.
Site created by Antigo Community Directed Technology.