The Museum was originally dedicated In 1905 as the
Antigo Public Library through a $15,000 grant from the
Carnegie Foundation. It began a chapter as a museum
when the library was moved to a new updated quarters in
1997. The outstanding facility houses artifacts from the
logging and Indian era, as well as, handmade and early
agricultural woodworking and lumbering implements.
It also contains one of the finest archives in the north
woods complete with old scenes and pictures of the early
days of Langlade County and the City of Antigo.
The Museum and Deleglise Cabin are maintained for
the public's enrichment though the efforts of the Langlade
County Historical Society a non-profit organization.

Langlade County Historical Society
Open Year Round:
Wed. - Fri.  9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Sat. - 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Located at:
404 Superior Street                            Antigo, WI  54409
(715)627-4464


DELEGLISE CABIN
Open May - October:
Wed. - Fri. 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Sat. - 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Located at:
404 Superior Street                      Antigo, WI   54409

Sponsored by:
Langlade County Historical Society
Contact person: Mary Kay Wolf

President: Joe Hermolin


   440 Shelter Construction--West Side Frontal View 440shelterfrontviewcompleted440shelter

View 440 Locomotive Website

 

Panoramic View of Langlade County Historical Grounds

LCHS Panoramic View

 


[Home] [Tours] [Features] [Archives] [History] [Shop] [Membership] [Links] [Contact Us]

The Langlade County Historical Society is entirely self-supporting
and is an Affiliate of the Wisconsin State Historical Society.

We depend upon financial gifts from friends like you to sustain this important Cultural institution.

New Members are always welcome. For more information Click Here

Langlade County Historical Society Museum
404 Superior Street
Antigo, WI 54409
715-627-4464

langladehistory.com

Copyright © 2004 Langlade County Historical Society.
Site created by Antigo Community Directed Technology.